How long will this take?
One of our most frequently-asked questions does not have an easy answer! Though we love to see you, we understand that you’re looking for the speediest and most effective orthodontic treatment possible. Even though moving teeth is, for the most part, a slow-and-steady-wins-the-race kind of undertaking, there are a few things you can do to make sure you’re running your steady race as effectively as possible:
- Start now! If you’re concerned about how long treatment will take, the best thing to do is to make an appointment for a consultation at our office as soon as possible. At many different stages of a patient’s life, one of the key factors in creating the best orthodontic treatment plan is being proactive and preventative. The longer you wait, the more likely you are to have problems pop up that could cause your treatment to take longer.
- Double check when your appointments are, and show up to them on time. A missed appointment could lengthen the duration of your treatment.
- Start with the best plan and stick to it. Choosing the right treatment plan from the get-go will save you time in the long run! Attempting to cut corners and skip steps in your orthodontic plan has the potential to add even more time to your treatment by causing new problems to be corrected. We know that the speediest way to treat you is to do it right the first time.
- Take excellent care of your teeth and your appliances. Fighting poor hygiene, repairing broken appliances or brackets, and replacing lost appliances are common roadblocks to a treatment plan’s progress.
- Communicate with Dr. Ken and staff. Make sure all instructions on wear and care are clear and that you have voiced any concerns or questions before you leave the office.
We value your time, and know that it’s hard to wait for that perfect smile! Though there is no one-size-fits-all answer for how long it will take to get there, following the above rules is a simple way to make sure you leave us with a healthy smile you can be proud of as quickly as possible.